Again! Generator fumes kill Lagos businessman, son

Tragedy struck on Tuesday in the Iwaya, Yaba area of Lagos State after a businessman, Ayodele Megbuwawon, and his teenage son, Tobi, were killed by generator fumes.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the victims put on their generator at the lobby of their bungalow, shut the doors and windows before going to bed on Monday.

While Tobi died in the room, the father, Ayodele, passed on at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba.

A neighbour, Monday Okey, said, “I was in my room when one of our neighbours, Segun, came and said something was wrong with Ayodele because he had not come out like he used to.

“We looked through the door and saw him on the ground. We broke the window and entered the house. He was breathing slowly, but Tobi was dead.

“We rushed the father to LUTH, where he later died.”

Megbuwawon’s cousin to the deceased, Evangelist Michael Megbuwawon, described the incident as sad.

He said, “We were called when the incident happened. We are from Ilaje in Ondo State. At the moment, we are more interested in his burial.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Olarinde Famous-Cole, said he would call back, but had yet to do so as of press time.Punch

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: