Mr. 2Kay speaks on robbery incident at Eko Hotel


Mr. 2Kay is speaking for the first time since he was robbed and mercilessly beaten after an event that took place on October 22, 2017 at Eko Hotel and Suites.

Mr. 2Kay has spoken out since he was robbed on Sunday 22, 2017 at Eko Hotel.

The singer took to his Instagram page on October 27, 2017 where he posted a message thanking God and everyone who showed him support during his ordeal in the hands of the armed bandits.

“I’m grateful to everyone that reached out to me and I appreciate your love and concern. I still need your prayers as I look forward to greater days ahead. There is more to what the eyes can see, but when you have God you are always covered. May God grant all our heart desires. Amen #belema outfit @austin_bughe,” he wrote.

It would be recalled that Mr 2Kay was on Sunday, October 22, 2017, robbed and beaten to a pulp after the “Buckwyld N Breathless” concert which took place at the Eko Hotel and Suites.

Mr 2Kay after the assault by robbers in his hotel room

According to a PR consultant, Sakpaide Ogaga,  Mr 2Kay was in the room with a friend and struggled with one of the robbers, as the others punched and hit him with a gun, repeatedly warning that they will shoot if he didn’t calm down.

Ogaga also said, one of the robbers led and locked 2Kay’s friend in the bathroom, while the others tied the singer’s arms, legs and mouth and took his valuables including jewelry, clothes, perfumes, phones, and money. They also cut the room’s intercom (phone) to avoid any form of communication as they left the hotel.

Guests at Kelvin Orifa at a black tie event

Pulse visited the hotel on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, to find out what really transpired on the night Mr. 2Kay was robbed and beaten to a pulp. Mr. 2Kay was in one of the hotel rooms with his friend when he was beaten and robbed.

The Duty Manager of the Eko Hotels & Suites who gave her name as just Funmi said the incident is now a matter of the Nigerian police.

“Since yesterday, the police and the security officials of the hotel have been working round the clock to investigate what really happened,” she said.

When asked if should give more information, she said its a security issue and so nothing would be said until the end of the investigation. Pulse

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: