Ballon d’Or 2017: Neymar, Suarez, Coutinho, Kante others make list
The first 10 nominees for the prestigious Ballon d’Or award have been announced, with the full 30-man list to be unveiled through the day on Monday.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the big favourite to defend his crown – and match Lionel Messi’s five trophies.
The pair are expected to lead the running in 2017, although the likes of Neymar will hope to have a say.
Ballon d’Or 2017 shortlist so far
- Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
- Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Marcelo (Real Madrid)
- Dries Mertens (Napoli)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona)Punch