Emmys: American born Igbo actress, Uzoamaka Nwanneka Aduba’s eyes get red carpet reception
Of all things about the American born Nigerian actress of Igbo extraction, Uzoamaka Nwanneka Aduba, what really caught the attention of fashion critics at the 69th edition of the Emmy Awards are her accentuated eyes, which fashion critics variously described as “popping,” “silver smoky,” “metallic” and “pop like crazy.”
The popping eyes of the 36-year-old actress so fascinated beauty pundits at the Emmy’s that they even detailed a step-by-step ways of achieving same!
Popularly called Uzo Aduba, Yahoo Beauty describes her eyes as “crazy,” saying they are a reflection of her character in Orange Is the New Black — an American comedy-drama web television series created by Jenji Kohan for Netflix.
At the September 17 event, fashion pundits insisted that their focus was on the “jaw-dropping eye makeup” Uzo wore to the Emmy Awards.
“The Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series nominee shone at the Emmys in a silver smoky eye,” Yahoo Beauty reports.
It adds that celebrity makeup artist Janice Kinjo had the perfect base to work with, as Aduba’s radiant complexion made the metallic makeup appear even more dazzling. Her super-teased Afro, which was perfected by curl expert and hairstylist Nai’vasha Johnson, added a halo-like effect.
To learn just how to make our own eyes pop like crazy, we went straight to makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon. And here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Trace water line and upper lids with Kevyn Aucoin the Eye Pencil Primatif in Basic Black.
2. Use a small brush to blend a matte black eyeshadow onto outer corners of eyes. Try Blackout from Urban Decay’s Naked2 Palette.
3. Add luminosity to inner corners with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Cuff (a metallic silver).
4. To really brighten eyes, place a pearl shimmer shadow such as Verve from the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette on top of the silver.
5. Coat top lashes with a black mascara. LaMar’s product pick: Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
6. Enhance your eyelashes with Looks So Natural Lash by Kiss in Shy. Pro tip: Use tweezers for an easy application.
7. Complete look with Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in French Tickler (an iridescent peach).